Like many of you I tend to browse Imgur from time to time. I noticed a few times some folks were showing off their build of a Smart Mirror and I thought to myself that would make a great thejimmahknows post! So here we go!
- Furring Wood — This will be used as our frame’s trim and mirror.
- Whitewood — This will be used to frame our box.
- Perforated Hardboard — Used on the back of our Smart Mirror.
- Wood Glue — This will be used to tie the Frame and Furring Trim together.
- Clutch clamps — I had 3 of these at my disposal, I highly recommend having at least to two(2).
- Two-way Mirrored Acrylic Sheets– I went with 3/16th and the dimensions of the TV.
- Raspberry Pi — The brains of this operation!
- Monitor/TV — Choose one to meet your needs. Mine goal was to fine a cheap LED 32in monitor/TV. I settled with a Sharp LC-32LB370U (32″ LED TV)
- Optional: Nail Set — Use this to nail in the trim, I already had one of these.
- Optional: Finishing Nails — Just a little extra to tie the Frame and Trim together.